Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Bringing innovation and community together to advance animal and human health
The Merial Research Award for Graduate Veterinarians is an award aimed to reinforce Merial’s mission to promote research in veterinary biosciences and reward those students who have excelled in their graduate or residency program. This award recognizes graduate veterinarians that have completed or will soon complete a PhD program or are in their final 1 to 2 years of residency training in the field of veterinary pathology, medicine, surgery, radiology/imaging, or laboratory animal medicine. The award will be based upon the following criteria:
· The applicant has received a doctorate degree in veterinary medicine.
· The applicant has completed or will soon complete a PhD program or are in their final 1 to 2 years of residency training in the field of veterinary pathology, medicine, surgery, radiology/imaging, or laboratory animal medicine.
· The applicant will attended the summer symposium in 2014 present their work in the form of an oral presentation.
· The applicant submits the required materials for the award by the deadline of March 1, 2014.
· Applications for the Merial Research Award should include:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Scientific manuscript or detailed written description of research in journal format
4. Two letters of recommendation in support of submission
The award will be presented to the recipient at the 2014 summer symposium.
The award will be:
· A cash award of $2500.
· A plaque to recognize the recipient.
· A travel stipend (amount to be determined) to attend the summer symposium and present their work. This will be a 20 minute PowerPoint presentation at the summer symposium.
· Recognition in the Merial-NIH National Veterinary Scholars Symposium Program.
Please send applications by March 1, 2014, as an electronic copy in PDF format to Dr. Diane Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.