Wildlife Health & Ecology Research Group
The Wildlife Health & Ecology group is a group with unique expertise in health of wildlife populations with a strong ecological and system-based approach. We aim to promote research and graduate education in the field with science-based and community-based approaches to research in wildlife health and ecology, ecotoxicology, public health, health promotion and disease prevention, with particular focus on ecosystem health in changing environments and societies.
- Increase the UCVMs national and International profile in the area of Wildlife Health Ecology
- Promote research across disciplines within the veterinary faculty and across the greater university community.
- Provide new perspectives in key themes in wildlife health ecology, challenge existing/accepted patterns and theoretical frameworks.
- Seek multi-faculty member grants.
- Commit to peer reviews on individual members' grant applications.
- Support graduate education through developing new courses and a new interdisciplinary specialization in Wildlife Health.
- Hold workshops and Invited speaker seminars on topics related to ecosystem and wildlife health ecology.