A complete application consists of:
- The completed application form,
- The application fee,
- Post-secondary transcripts submitted by all academic institutions attended,
- MCAT Score released to the University of Calgary,
- Proof of Alberta residency documents. Either in the form of a current Alberta Driver’s License, or Alberta Identification Card, and a valid Alberta Health Care card, both are required,
- Signed Declaration,
- Identification and contact information of the three (3) references, including two professional references, and one personal reference.
- Referees must include an instructor at a post-secondary institution, a supervisor from a work/volunteer setting, and a personal reference who is a non-relative or close friend.
- Referees will be contacted directly and provided with a pre-set list of questions that will be used to determine the applicant’s suitability for Veterinary Medicine.
As the applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that the UCVM Admissions Office receives all of the required documents by the stated deadlines.
Because of the competitive nature of the selection procedures, deadlines are strictly enforced. All relevant documentation must be provided by the specified deadlines.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications and supporting documents are only used for the current application cycle. A new, complete application will be required for any future applications. As the applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that the UCVM Admissions Office receives all of the required documents by the stated deadlines.
Application for Admission
2022/2023 Admissions Timeline
List of Acceptable Courses from Different Universities
Understanding the Admission Process
2021 / 2022 Cycle