A complete application consists of:
- The completed application form,
- The application fee,
- Post-secondary transcripts submitted by all academic institutions attended,
- MCAT Score released to the University of Calgary,
- Proof of Alberta residency documents. Either in the form of a current Alberta Driver’s License, or Alberta Identification Card, and a valid Alberta Health Care card, both are required,
- Signed Declaration,
- Identification and contact information of the three (3) references, including two professional references, and one personal reference.
- Referees must include an instructor at a post-secondary institution, a supervisor from a work/volunteer setting, and a personal reference who is a non-relative or close friend.
- Referees will be contacted directly and provided with a pre-set list of questions that will be used to determine the applicant’s suitability for Veterinary Medicine.
As the applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that the UCVM Admissions Office receives all of the required documents by the stated deadlines.
Because of the competitive nature of the selection procedures, deadlines are strictly enforced. All relevant documentation must be provided by the specified deadlines.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications and supporting documents are only used for the current application cycle. A new, complete application will be required for any future applications. As the applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that the UCVM Admissions Office receives all of the required documents by the stated deadlines.
Oct. 1, 2021
Application cycle for the UCVM Class of 2026 will open.
Nov. 26, 2021
Application deadline. No extensions will be granted FOR ANY REASON. MCAT Scores to be released to the University of Calgary Faculty of Veterinary Medicine before November 26, 2021 deadline.
Jan. 14, 2022
Deadline to receive transcripts from Fall 2021 semester.
Evaluation of applications.
Feb. 25, 2022
Interview (MMI) invitations sent out via email on or before this date.
March 19, 2022
Interview day – Multiple Mini-Interview and essay.
*Changes due to COVID-19 may occur. Applicants invited to participate in the MMI will be notified if necessary.
April 5, 2022
Invited interview applicants, to write CASPer test.
April - May: Consideration of full application by Admissions Committee.
May 13, 2022
Deadline to receive transcripts from Winter 2022 semester.
First Week - Approval of invitation list for Class of 2026.
Second Week - Initial offers of admission made to successful applicants.
Third Week - Deadline for responding to initial offers of admission.
First waitlist offers sent out.
Mid September to October (approx.) - Application and Applicant Manual will be available for the 2022/2023 application cycle.
Application for Admission
2021/2022 Admissions Timeline
List of Acceptable Courses from Different Universities
Understanding the Admission Process
2020 / 2021 Cycle